How to Install
1. Download and Extract the ZIP file downloaded from the client area onto your desktop
2. Upload the files to a web accessible directory on your web server
3. Create a MySQL database and a user in cPanel
4. Go to the URL you uploaded the files to (EG: http://shoutcast.yourdomain.tld/)
Follow the directions through the step-by-step installation pages. Some of the work will be done for you.
- Checking that all requirements are met
- Set directories playlists/, autodj/mp3s/, logs/ and servers/ as well as the config.php file writable
- Set each server as 777 CHMOD
- Create database and check that MySQL is running and connection works with given credentials
- Create tables from create.sql, save db settings to config.php and general settings to config table,
as well as set admin's name and password.
- Remove or rename the install folder in the install directory to be able to log in
NOTE! If you are running this on Windows, you need to edit the registry keys listed in the pstools.reg
file in the wintools/ directory before starting to use this. This is for the process tools to work in the background.
5. To ensure the servers are running in a good condition and to enable the bitrate checking, you will need to add the following CRON job.
*/5 * * * * php /path/to/shoutcast/cron/cron.php
6. You will need to install libstdc++ for SHOUTcast v2 autoDJ to function, to do this simply run (centos example):
yum install libstdc++.i686